I have never been either a Republican or a Democrat. I vote based on knowledge and who I feel will do their best job for the people of this formerly free country, the USA. You can disagree with me after reading this post. You can choose to never read another one of my articles. But I’m not mean, selfish, unkind or cruel to anyone, so there is no reason to treat me that way either. I’d like you to just hear me out, since I’m not a “finatic” of either viewpoint. But feel free to just keep scrolling if you don’t like what I’m about to write.
Our President, imho, has done his best from very early on, to save human lives. He stopped travel from China at the end of January, 10 days after the first diagnosed case in the USA. He did this while Nancy Pelosi was Encouraging people to go to Chinatown events in CA on 2-24-20. The radical Democrats were involved in their deep commitment to undo the 2016 election results and they were impeaching the President as he was still working for our Country and trying to keep us safe. They were impeaching him for a phone call in which the witnesses (who were actually present) and the party on the other end of the telephone call, insisted there was no QPQ. Every witness who was actually present, corroberrated the fact that there was no Quid Pro Quo involved.
I have never been one to write or chat about politics, especially on my Social media accounts. It’s a “no win” situation because everyone has the right to their opinion. By the way, having the right to voice your own opinion is starting to slip away from us in the USA these days. I’m tired of being silent. But as I start to come out and stand by by own beliefs and try to stand up for what I strongly believe to be true, I’m being verbally abused if I dare speak out against these draconian rules in all but a handful of states. While they feel free to voice their opinions, they attempt to deny me the right to discuss mine. I never mind having kind and civil discussions. But if you call me “stupid” or let your “Facebook buddies” call me “ignorant” and/or worse, then I am going to be blocking you. I’m losing my Facebook friends, long time social media buddies, because I dare voice my opinion with data to back it up.
But why should I be surprised? I was a very outspoken and strong advocate for the pain community for many years, from 2008-2018/19. But since I had an auditory/brain tumor removed surgically, this past Summer 2019; people are “unfriending” me because I’m of no use to them any longer. I have had several commendations (since 2008), for helping others who live with High Impact Chronic Pain due to several various illnesses. I was awarded a “Special Tribute” from the Governor of Michigan in 2017, along with the U.S. Pain Ambassador of the year award in February of 2017. I’ve continued posting updated and reliable information to the High Impact/Chronic Pain and RSD/CRPS communities. I try to still lend my support as I’m able in my own support/info groups. There are a few people who have stood by my side and even offered to help me with my groups. For them, I am eternally grateful and I am blessed to have them in my Life and/or social media life. Some of them have different opinions about politics; but we have managed to separate that and stay friends. The reason I brought this up, is because it seems that in the past few years, people seem to block, berate, degrade, be rude, act abusively and “run away” from anyone who does not think or feel the same way as they do.
The USA is my country and I’ve always been proud to be an American. I’ve never been and still am not “Right” or “Left”. I guess you could say I’m “Right to center”. I have voted for Republicans and Democrats in the past. I’m just really sad and tired of seeing this POTUS berated day after day for 3 years now. He has actually has a great timeline of actions that have been helping with this COVID-19 crisis, including trying to keep us from a big Depression. Many citizens are tired of hearing how our President “called this virus a hoax and did nothing until March 2020”. So I did reseach and here are highlights from the timeline during January-March 2020.(the list is so long & full, I only highlighted January-March 2020 *parts of this list are from the White House website & other parts are actual Tweets from the WHO & CDC etc)
- January 11, 2020: CDC tweets about Corona related “pneumonia outbreak in China”
- January 14, 2020: WHO tweets that there is no evidence of human to human transmission
- January 17, 2020: CDC started doing health screenings at 3 airports of travelers from China
- January 21, 2020: the first COVID-19 case in USA for someone who traveled directly from Wuhan
- January 23, 2020: WHO again says no human to human transmission outside of China
- January 28, 2020: CDC states “While CDC considers COVID-19 a serious situation and is taking preparedness measures, the immediate risk in the USA is considered low”
- January 29, 2020: White House announces Coronavirus Task Force created. Note: this is despite the WHO downplaying the threat
- January 31, 2020: President Trump bans travel from China. The media and multiple Democrats slam his decision calling it racisist and xenophobic.
- February 5, 2020: President Trump was acquitted (impeachment)
- February 5, 2020: Chuck Schumer, in a tweet, continues to call POTUS’ travel ban from China “premature”
- February 7, 2020: White House’s Coronavirus Task force gives press briefing
- February 9, 2020: White House Coronavirus Task Force meets with all Governors
- February 12, 2020: CDC waiting for approval from Chinese for CDC team to travel to China
- February 18, 2020: HHS announces partnership to develop a vaccine
- February 21, 2020: Italy identifies its very first case of COVID-19 in their country
- February 21, 2020: CDC tweets that it is working with states for preparedness
- February 24, 2020: POTUS sent letter to Congress asking for $2.5 Billion for virus effort
- February 24, 2020: Nancy Pelosi was touring San Francisco’s Chinatown to “quell Coronavirus fears”. She encouraged peopl to “please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown”.
- February 25, 2020: there is still no reported community spread in the USA (per CDC tweet)
- February 27, 2020: first community transmission in the USA
- February 27, 2020: President Trump appoints VP Pence to coordinate efforts
- February 29, 2020: FIRST reported Coronavirus death in USA
- February 29, 2020: The Trump administration: A) announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and S. Korea, B) Barred all travel to Iran. C) Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days.
- March 3, 2020: The CDC lifted federal restrictions on coronavirus testing to allow any American to be tested for coronavirus, “subject to Dr.’s orders”
- March 3, 2020: The White House announced President Trump donatated his fourth quarter salary to fight the coronavirus
- March 4, 2020: A) The Trump administration announced the purchase of approx. 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months to respond to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. B) Sec. Azar announced that HHS was transferring $36 million to the CDC to help state and local communities that have been impacted most by the coronavirus.
- March 6, 2020: President Trump signed an $83 billion bill to fight the COVID-19 outbreak ($7.76 billion to federal, state & local agencies to combat the COVID-19 and authorizes an additional %500 million in waivers for Medicare telehealth restrictions).
- March 9, 2020: POTUS called on Congress to pass a payroll tax cut over coronavirus
- March 10, 2020: President Trump and VP Pence met with top health insurance companies and secured a commitment to waive co-pays for COVID-19 testing
- March 11, 2020: President Trump: A) announced travel restrictions on foreigners who had visited Europe in the las 14 days B) Directed the Small Business Administration to issue low-interest loans to affected smal business and called on congress to increase this fund by $50 billion C) Direccted the Treasury Dept. to defer tax payments for affected individuals & businesses , & provide $200 billion in “additional liquidity”.
- March 13, 2020: President Trump announced: A) public-private parnerships to open up drive-through collection sites. B) a pause on interest payments on federal student loans. C) An order to the Dept. of Energy to purchase oil for the strategc petroleum reserve
- March 14 2020: POTUS announced the European travel ban will exten to UK and Ireland
- March 15, 2020: Google announced a partnership with the Trump admin. to develop a website dedicated to coronavirus education, prevention and local resources
- March 15, 2020: all 50 states were contacted through FEMA to coordinate “federally-supported, state-led efforts” to end coronavirus
- March 16, 2020: POTUS A) hele a tel-conference with Governors to discuss preparedness and response to COVID-19 B) POTUS participated in call with G7 leaders C) POTUS announced the 1st potential vaccine for COVID-19 has entered phase I trial in record time D) POTUS announces “15 days to slow the spread”
- March 17, 2020: POTUS announced: A) CMS to expand benefits for Medicare beneficiaries B) Relevant Health Ins. Portability & Accountability act penalties will not be enforced C) The Army Corps of Engineers is on “standby” to assist federal & state governments
- March 17, 2020: POTUS spoke to fast food executives from Wendy’s, McDonald’s & Burger King to discus drive-thru serves recommended by CDC
- March 17, 2020: the treasury dept: contributed $10 mllion to Federal Reserve’s commercial paper funding facility and deferred $300 billion in tax payments for 90 days without penalty, up to $1 million for individual and $10 million for business
- March 18, 2020: POTUS signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which provides free testing and pain sick leave for workers impacted by COVID-19
- March 18, 2020: President Trump announced: A) temp. closure of the USA/Canada border to non-essential traffic B) Plans to invoke the Defense Production Act C) FEMA has been activated in every region at its highest level of response D) The US Navy will deploy USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy hospital ships. E) All foreclosures & evictions will be suspended for a time **Also HHS temp suspended a rgulation that prevents Dr.’s from practicing across state lines.
- March 19, 2020: POTUS announced very encouraging progress shown by anti-marlaria drug Hydroxychoroquine for fighting coronavirus
- March 20, 2020: USA and Mexico mutually agree to restrict nonessential cross-border traffic
- March 20, 2020: President Trump spoke with Sen. Schumer about Coronavirus response and stimulus measures B) he held a call with over 12, 0000 small business owners to discuss relief efforts and he C) announced the CDC will invoke Title 42 to provide border patrol with tools to secure the borders
- March 21, 2020: POTUS admin announced HHS placed order for hundres of millions of N95 masks through FEMA
- March 22, 2020: POTUS made disaster declarations for CA and Washington state and he announced: A) Governors will remain in command of Ntl Guard forces & the federal govt. will fund 100% of operations cost and B) He directed the federal govt to provide 4 large federal medical stations with 2,000 beds for CA and & 1,000 beds for NY and WA and C) POTUS announced that the USNS Mercy will be deployed in LA
- March 23, 2020: President Trump signed and executive ordere invoking section 4512 of the Defense Production Act to prohibit the hoarding of vital medical supplies
- March 25, 2020: President Trump signed a bill reauthorizing the Older Americans Act, which supports senior citizens by providing meals, transportation and other curcial services.
- March 26, 2020: POTUS did vido conference with G20 leaders to discuss global COVID-19 response and the need for countries to share information and data and POTUS also had a call with Chinese President Xi Jinping to discus coronavirus
- March 27, 2020: President Trump signs the CARES Act in law (*Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act)
- March 29, 2020: POTUS met with supply chain distributors including Fed Ex, and UPS and others to discus getting medical supplies to state and local govt.’s
- March 30, 2020: President Trump announced the Federal Govt. will be delivering: 400 ventilators to Michigan, 300 to New Jersey, 150 to Louisiana, 150 to Illinois & 50 to Connecticut and POTUS also pledged $100 million of medical supplies to aid Italy’s battle against COVID-19
- March 31, 2020: A) POTUS announced the Treasury Dept. & SBA rapidly mobilizing money from the CARES Acts $349 bilion paycheck protection program, with the program set to be “up & running by April 3, 2020. B) He also Spoke to Michigan’s Governor Whitmer about the states need for ventilators C) POTUS instructed the Army Corps of Engineers and FEMA to construct several hospitals and alternative care facilities
It is helpful to look at the actual timeline. All of this started to happen before the first death linked to COVID19 https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1189286 in the USA. I got most of the information from the CDC tweets, so anyone can look it up to check for accuracy. There are so many other actions in between but I just took some of the highlights & ended mine at March 31 2020. The first several actions that I’ve listed through 2/29/20, were copied from a friend. But you can take a look at the entire list here at: List of all of the things that President Donald Trump has done to help combat the novel coronavirus
As I mentioned above, I’m not a Democrat or a Republican. I base my choices on facts (not hated, fear or other emotions) that I gather from watching and listening to all sides. But honestly, many people have never given our President a chance.
Lastly, I have been & I am following the rules. I am also praying that someone can save us from something far worse than this virus. There are some things worse to lose than our lives. Losing our liberties, our freedoms and the freedoms for our children & grandchildren is something we need to protect. It was just fine to shut down for a few weeks, but not a few months or longer! Anyone who is afraid to go out, should feel free to stay in the safe, solitary confinement of their homes. Protect the elderly, the sick and the most vulnerable (meaning nursing & other homes for the sick). But we should have a choice, because this is the USA! Last time I checked, we were and are still a free country! When they (Dr Fauci, Kolodny & CDC) took pain meds from the chronic pain community in or around 2016 (with the new CDC guidelines), they removed the freedoms from the physicians & patients to decide what is best for their personal pain illnesses. At that time & ever since; the pain community has tried to fight back. I know this because I’m a part of that pain community.
Now we need to work hard at getting our freedoms back! I didn’t mind staying in my home for a few weeks-(2 months) or wearing a mask for a little while to help stop the virus! But there will be many more viruses to come! I don’t want to stay indoors separated from not only society but family; or wear a mask forever! It causes me anxiety and inability to not only breathe freely- BUT I AM DEAF!! I can’t even communicate with anyone who doesn’t know ASL when you’re all wearing masks!! It also takes away my ability to lipread & try to piece together what you might be saying.
C’mon- we don’t stop flying in airplanes or driving cars because of the possibility of a crash!! Road traffic crashes are a leading cause of death in the United States for people aged 1–54 The CDC website on Death from car accidents 2019
Hell, I survived a catastrophic car accident in 2002! I’m still here after 11 surgeries, lots of high impact chronic pain, a pacemaker (x2), a heart attack and a stroke! Let’s live our best life while we are here! Protect the freedoms for our families! We cannot roll over now! Please read a variety of news articles and watch a variety of News shows! You won’t get the truth from just one!! Put all of the information you receive together and make your own informed decision. If your decision is to wear a mask forever, live in your house and get take-out; then by all means, stay home & stay inside! But if I want to go out, let me make that choice! Don’t allow that to be the choice of our Governors or even the President (*except for a short time during an emergency)!!
Lastly, I’m not being selfish! I’m saying please stay inside if you are afraid or vulnerable. But let it be our choice and not an Executive order from a judge, Governor, President or any radical person with a gavel!